Agree, without all sorts of small accessories and utensils, the kitchen will look empty and boring. And the best place for their storage will be decorative shelves. Today we will share with you information on how to choose the right design and provide 3 master classes that tell you how to create shelves for your kitchen with your own hands.
3 masterclasses for creating kitchen shelves
It's time to learn how to make a shelf in the kitchen yourself. In this section you will find 3 interesting workshops, with which you can create a stylish design.
Open shelf in the style of Provence
This simple and at the same time very interesting shelf with your own hands for the kitchen is ideal for storing jars with cereals and cups.
To create it you will need:
- two boards 25x75 and 25x100 with an arbitrary length (you choose it yourself);
- a wooden pole with a suitable diameter;
- Wooden mugs of diameter slightly exceeding the diameter of the pole;
- wood screws and anchors for fastening;
- sandpaper and stain;
- joiner glue and decorative plugs;
- pencil and ruler;
- drill, drill for anchors, clamps;
- hammer and countersink.
When all the necessary tools are at hand, it's time to move on to work.
Instructions for action
|Markup. At a narrower ditch, draw the markings under the hooks. It is better to do this from the center, moving to the edges - so the hooks will turn out to be symmetrical.|
|Creating recesses. In the target areas, drill holes corresponding to the diameter of the perches. On average, the depth of the holes should be 5-8 centimeters. Divide the pole into several parts by the number of grooves received.|
|Material Handling. Both boards, as well as the perches, are treated with sandpaper.|
|Connection of boards. Dock two boards together at an angle of 90 degrees and connect them with screws and countersinks.|
|Installation of pegs. Pour a small amount of glue on wood or joinery glue into the recesses and insert pegs into them. The perches must be tightly inserted into the holes, they can be pushed with a hammer. Check the symmetry of all hooks.|
|Sticky circles. Using the same glue, attach decorative mugs to the ends of the peg. So they will be full hooks.|
After that, you will have to walk anew on the surfaces with sandpaper, if you want, you can treat them with varnish or white paint. Finally, fix the shelf to the wall with screws and a drill. Hide the hats with decorative caps.
Shelf in the form of honeycombs
This is a very unusual option, which is perfect for non-ordinary people. It is good that the received designs can be placed as separately, and they can be arranged in a single composition.
This shelf is made in the kitchen by its own hands quite simply, and we'll tell you how.
For it you will need a few rectangular boards (the number will depend on the number of shelves desired) with the same size, the edges of which are cut at an angle of 30 degrees.
Instructions for action
|Primary treatment. First, carefully treat all dostochki with sandpaper.|
|Painting. It is best to treat the material with stain or a transparent varnish - they will not hide the rich texture of the tree.|
|Application of glue. Grease the ends of the boards with glue for wood and join them together.|
|Strengthening of fastening. To increase the strength of the structure, in addition to the adhesive, use screws to connect both boards.|
|Creating a hexagon. Continue to act according to the same scheme, gluing boards in the form of a hexagon.|
|Attachment of fastening. To one side of the hexagon, simply fix the fittings chosen by you.|
Further, you will only have to decide how many "honeycombs" you want to see and before you hang shelves in the kitchen you can combine them into a single design.
For more detailed instructions, see the video.
This elegant and light kitchen shelf will complement the interior with its own hands and bring a touch of playfulness to it. For its manufacture you will need only a few wooden blanks and a decorative rope. Agree, a small price for the original product.
Instructions for action
|Carrying out the markup. The most convenient way to do this is with a paper template. It should be in the form of a square with dimensions 4x4. Make a mark at the intersection of two diagonals of the square - this will be the place under the hole.|
|Creating holes. To further work was comfortable, select the diameter of the drill, which will exceed the diameter of the rope.|
|Painting of the material. You can process the plates with any paint you like. For example, it can be a popular mint shade that is depicted in the photo.|
|Preparing the rope. Decorate the rope twice, retract from the fold about 30 cm.|
|Creating bindings. On each half of the rope tie a knot. Put the ends in the holes in the planks. On the back of the board, also create one node. Thus, the shelf will be securely fixed between the two nodes.|
|Shelf collection. According to the above scheme, fix a few more shelves, placing them with the selected step. Do the same on the other side of the plank.|
|Handling the ends of the rope. To the ends of the rope do not hang unkempt strands, dissolve them, turning them into lush brushes.|
|Shelf installation. Hang the received shelf on the wall using conventional hooks.|
Before you hang the shelves in the kitchen, and generally make them, you need to decide on their appearance. It will directly depend on the existing kitchen interior.
As a basis for the design can act as wooden and plastic boards, and simple palletsThe proposed instruction will tell you what type of construction is suitable for a particular style.
- Minimalism and high-tech. In this case, the most appropriate construction will be simple laconic forms. The color scheme is monophonic, but sometimes it is permissible to use bright colors. As an add-on, the shelf in the kitchen with its own hands can be decorated with LED lighting.
- Loft or Scandinavian. Excellent fit with a shelf with a slightly rough texture. As a basis for them can act sheets of chipboard, rough boards, old pallets and boxes.
- Modern. Glass or metal accessories will perfectly complement the modern style.
- Country, Provence and Chef-chic. In such an interior laconically fit decorative shelves with metal consoles, patina, decoupage patterns or carvings as decorations.
- Modern. To fill it, you can use unusual grill shelves, bottles of wine from cork, etc.
What to look for before starting work
Before creating shelves in the kitchen with their own hands, it is not enough just to decide on their style. It is necessary to take into account a couple of important nuances that affect the visual perception of the design.
- Location. Think carefully about the place in which the structure will be located. Access to it should be unobstructed, so do not put it too high.
- The form. The most popular because of the ease in performance are the designs with a rectangular shape. In addition, they are most capacious.
- Dimensions. It all depends on the area of the kitchen and the items that you are going to store on the shelf. Shelves for decorative accessories, spices or bottles can be made small. The designs, which are designed to serve as a full-fledged replacement for the upper cabinet of the headset, can be massive and located along the entire wall.
- Mounting. To the shelf for the kitchen with their own hands looked stylish and complete, you must carefully select the attachment to it. It must be combined in color and material with the substrate.
Shelves in the kitchen with their own hands will make the interior individual and unique. We offered you three interesting master classes, with which you can create really stylish designs. More useful ideas you will find in the photo and video in our material.